STV’s favourite weatherman Sean Batty has got his very own show, Weatherwatch with Sean Batty, where he goes out and braves the elements as he takes a closer look at all things snow and ice.
After the first episode - dedicated to snow - saw Sean try his hand at snowboarding and travelling to Iceland in search of the spectacular Northern lights, or the Aurora Borealis, the second episode concentrated on ice.
Sean took on the challenge of driving on ice before attempting to climb the world’s highest indoor ice-wall. And he was back in Iceland too for more volcanoes and a dip in the Blue Lagoon
Following the show, Sean took part in a live web chat, where fans put their weather related questions to him. You can see the video above.
Sean answered questions about climate change, thunder snow, isobars and the next solar eclipse. And somebody asked whether he was skinny dipping in the Blue Lagoon - cheeky! If you want ot know the answers, watch the video.
The series had just two rpogrammes, but you can always Sean via Twitter @SeanBattySTV or on the Weatherwatch e-mail, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take a look at a day in the life of Sean
- Volcano causes trouble for Sean!
- Sean shows school pupils how to weather the storm
- Visit the Weatherwatch Twitter
- Visit the Facebook page for Weatherwatch
- More on Weatherwatch programme one: info on the Cairngorm Mountains
- More on The Ski School
- More on the Cairngorm Sledog Centre
- More on photographer Martin Shields
- Watch Weathwatch: Episode 1 here
- Find out more about Iceland
- More on Icelandair
- More on the Ice Factor
- Details on Knockhill
- More on NATS