TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entrants must be registered with STV.
2. To enter the competition, entrants must answer the question posed at the competition page and press enter. Entrants must also provide the information required on the competition page which may include their date of birth and a contact telephone number.
3. Employees, or immediate family members of employees, of STV or any other person who is directly connected to, or associated with, STV is ineligible to enter.
4. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over and be resident in the UK, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
5. To be eligible for consideration entries must be received by STV by 9.30pm on Sunday 24th June 2012. Entries that are ineligible or eligible entries received after that shall not be considered.
6. The prize is 2012 Euros and will be paid to the winner in Euros.
7. Entries that are incomplete will be deemed ineligible.
8. Only one entry per STV registrant shall be considered.
9. STV shall not be responsible for any entries that are misdirected, lost, damaged in transmission, delayed for technical or other reasons, or are otherwise not received on time.
10. Entrants are liable for any costs they may incur in accessing the internet to enter the competition.
11. By entering, entrants consent to their first and last name and town of residence being broadcast on STV and on its Website in the event that the entrant is the prize winner.
12. STV shall endeavour to deliver the prize within 28 days from the date the winner is published.
13. STV shall not be responsible for any expenses incurred by the prize winner.
14. The prize winner shall be selected in a random draw from all correct eligible entries received on time by STV.
15. If the prize winner cannot be contacted by STV after reasonable efforts having been made by STV or having been contacted declines the prize, STV may cancel the competition or select a replacement prize winner, in its discretion without any liability to the prize winner.
16. The prize winner’s name will be available from STV upon request.
17. By taking part in this competition, the prize winner acknowledges that they may be required to participate in publicity relating to the competition without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the winning participant's name and/or image, statements made by the participants concerning the competition and/or prizes. Filming may be required.
18. The entrant warrants that all personal information disclosed to STV during the competition process are correct.
19. All decisions of STV are final and binding. No correspondence shall be entered into.
20. STV shall not be liable in any way for any losses arising directly or indirectly from any failure or delay in performing any of its obligations under these Terms and Conditions caused by any force majeure event. “Force Majeure Event” means an event, inability or delay that is caused by circumstances beyond STV’s reasonable control and which cannot be cured by measures which might reasonably be taken in the course of that relevant party’s business, including war, terrorism, riot, civil commotion, accident, breakdown, damage to machinery or equipment or technology, fire, floods, snow, acts of God, regulatory, legislative or administrative interference, ruling or decision provided that no circumstance or cause shall be considered to be beyond the control of a party if it arises as a result of STV’s failure to take reasonable care.
21. The Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with Scots law and the Scottish Courts shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
22. Limitations of liability: Neither the Promoter nor the promotional parties assume any responsibility or liability for:
- Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of this promotion.
- Inaccessibility or unavailability of the internet or the website or any combination thereof.
- Regretfully, STV cannot be held liable for system failures on the website, although we will always endeavour to minimize the effect to the participant of any such failure.
The promoter is STV Central Limited, Pacific Quay, Glasgow, G51 1PQ (“STV”)
Tel: 0141 300 3000 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
STV is regulated by Ofcom: www.ofcom.org.uk